Freedom Of Information AcT
Full access to the District’s public records is available to any person as provided in the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). The Superintendent shall serve as the District’s Freedom of Information Officer. A request for inspection and/or copies of public records must be made in writing and may be submitted by personal delivery, mail, fax, or email directed to:
- By Mail: Superintendent of Schools, 2 Sage Drive, Monticello, Illinois 61856
- By FAX: Superintendent of Schools, 217-762-8534
- By E-mail: Superintendent of Schools, firstname.lastname@example.org
All requests for access to public records will be considered unless the requested material does not exist, the requested material is considered to be exempt, or if complying with the request would be unduly burdensome to the school district. Each FOIA request will be either complied with or denied within 5 business days after receipt of a request unless an extension is needed. Persons making a request for copies of public records must pay any applicable copying fee for requests that exceed fifty pages.
The following public records are designated as being immediately available on the District’s website and may be inspected, downloaded, printed, and/or copied.
- Web-posted records and information
- Annual schedule of regular meetings for the current school year
- Public notice of each board meeting that is posted at least 48 hours before the meeting
- Agenda of each regular meeting that is posted at least 48 hours before a meeting
- Official open meeting minutes that are posted within 7 days of the Board’s approval
- Description of the District and its records
- Annual budget for current fiscal year, itemized by receipts and expenditures
- District’s current report card
- Administrator Salary Compensation Report
- Current contracts with an exclusive bargaining representative(s)
- A listing of all contracts over $25,000 for the current fiscal year
It is requested that persons making FOIA requests to Monticello CUSD #25 use the attached form in order that all appropriate information is included in the FOIA request. Click here for the FOIA form.