Monticello School District is excited to offer our students an opportunity to use the tools of Google through Google Apps for Education. These tools are a perfect fit for the direction that our school district is headed in regards to integrating technology into our curriculum.
Reasons We Are Encouraging Google Accounts
- Students will have increase access to teachers.
- Students will have access to online file storage that they can access anywhere at anytime.
- Teachers can share files easily with students through Google Drive.
- The classroom learning environment is easily extended to the home environment.
- Students will have the ability to collaborate with other students within their school, the district, and possibly even with other schools.
- Google Apps for Education allows the possibility of students building an electronic portfolio of their school learning experiences.
Google Drive – This will provide students access to web-based
creation tools like word processor, spreadsheet, drawing and presentation. This will allow your child to collaborate with teachers and other students.
Our 2nd – 8th graders will start out with accounts that allow them to use the tools of Google Drive.
Our 9th-12th graders will have accounts that will allow them access to Google Drive and a Gmail account for collaboration with teachers and students.
If you want to opt out of the Google Apps for Education, you can download a form HERE. This form will need to be turned into the school building that your child attends.